The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the position of Junior Webmaster within the Information Technology Department. Reporting to the Manager, Data, Delivery and Digital, this position will play an integral role in auditing and implementing the City’s Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) compliance requirement.
Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Administrative Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
- Review, update and implement changes on City websites, for compliance with AODA regulations and internal policies.
- Fix bugs and link breakages proactively on all City-managed web properties
- Monitor and consistently improve the City’s site performance
- Demonstrated ability to work with web-based applications and have experience in web information architecture, usability and web analytics
- Assist with content creation as required, including creating dynamic written, graphic, and video content for training purposes
- Assess and optimize page performance and WCAG compliance
- Adhere to modern style, design, and accessibility standards
- Provide support to the Web Masters on various projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through a Grade 12 diploma and 2 -3 years experience in web design and web content management using WordPress. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Exceptional Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 Level AA regulations and AODA compliance
- Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, Bootstrap and their best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
- Experience using Esolutions will be considered an asset
- Must have knowledge of provincial accessibility standards
$26.63 – $33.29 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Sunday November 17, 2019. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.