The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Preform PC/Laptop replacements – responsible for imaging, testing, and installing software and hardware at city owned offices and facilities. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
- Utilize Microsoft system center to image new and replacement computers
- Work with the IT Service Desk to troubleshoot and correct issues related to PC replacements
- Install and upgrade Windows software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Performs testing to ensure that computers, applications and peripherals are 100% operational after being replaced.
- Receive work requests from the IT Service Desk. Fix problems and close tickets in a timely manner. Consults with and follow up with user when required.
- Prepare and deploy corporate mobile phones
- Currently enrolled or completed a post-secondary school degree or diploma in Information Technology.
- Experience with PC imaging, testing and software installation.
- Experience working with Windows 10.
- Valid G or G2 driver’s licence with a good driving record and a minimum of 2 years driving experience.
- Excellent customer services skills with the ability to interact with city staff.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, including oral & written communication skills.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to maintain files and records.
Hours of work
Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with an unpaid one hour lunch break starting at the beginning of May to end of August. After hours work is required at certain times.
$17.22 to 21.96 per hour depending on education level and work experience
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Sunday, January 31, 2021. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.