The City of Guelph Community Social Services department offers a wide variety of recreational programs for people of all ages and abilities. We are looking for qualified individuals to lead and assist in Recreation Programs for Winter/Spring 2014.
Please review the following list of recreation program positions needed, days and locations:
- Parent and child programs: music, crafts and games (Mon, Tue, Thurs at Vic Rd Rec Centre)
- Children’s Art Instructor (Wednesday evenings at the West End Community Centre)
- Children’s Theatre Instructor (Monday afterschool/evening at the Guelph Youth Music Centre)
- Planning and preparation of weekly program activities/lesson plans
- Lead program activities, and supervise program participants
Expectations For Employment:
- Applicant must have strong communication skills and experience working with children/youth in a recreational setting
- Applicant must be a self-starter, motivated, highly organized and creative
Availability is required on scheduled day and time of program hired for.
$11.10-$14.00 per hour
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter highlighting skill set (ie. musical, theatre, preschool) and desired position by Monday, December 23, 2013. Most programs will begin on the week of January 13 and 20, 2014.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit a resume directly to:
Alana Bell, Community and Social Services at the West End Community Centre or
email: [email protected]
The City of Guelph is committed to creating a fair and equitable workplace with employment systems that allow everyone to participate fully and with respect for their diversity. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please notify us when you are contacted for an interview.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.