The City of Guelph is a vibrant and diverse community with a unique sense of place located in southern Ontario along the Innovation Corridor that runs between Toronto and Kitchener-Waterloo. We are also one of Canada’s fastest-growing cities with a projected population increase from 135,000 people to almost 170,000 in the next 10 years. Guelph is consistently ranked as one of the best places in Canada to live, work, and play—all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
The City of Guelph’s Programming and Community Development Department is seeking a dynamic, responsible individual to coordinate and deliver a quality Move and Groove program, incorporating yoga, dance, Zumba and more! This program if offered to all individuals of all abilities. The successful candidate will report to the inclusion coordinator. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – an inclusive, connected, prosperous city where we look after each other and our environment.
Hours of Work:
2-3 hours per week plus additional hours available. Evenings will be required.
- Deliver dynamic and inclusive music and movement program for teens and adults.
- Provide on-site supervision and leadership to participants.
- Take a lead role in the development and implementation of weekly activities.
- Act as a resource and advocate for participating individuals and guardians.
- Ensure that City of Guelph Programming and Community Development Program Guidelines and Procedures are adhered to.
- Responsible for all incident and accident reports
- Ensure program equipment is maintained and kept in an acceptable, safe condition.
- Experience and or interest in working with individuals with diverse abilities.
- Experience or interest in music and movement.
- Previous experience working with teens and adults.
- Previous experience in program planning, development and implementation for this age group.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication (both written and verbal skills) and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent Conflict Resolution Skills with the ability to identify and resolve conflicts before they escalate.
- A satisfactory police/vulnerable sectors record check is required at the time of hire.
- BMS, NCVI or equivalent training is considered an asset
- HIGH Five certification is considered an asset.
- A valid Standard First Aid/CPR Certificate is an asset.
$17.20 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by December 5, 2021. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.