Reporting to the Inclusion Programmer, the successful candidate will supervise on-site facilitation for inclusive and adaptive camps. The Inclusion Team Leader will support camp staff and campers with physical, cognitive and/or developmental disabilities, focusing on developing a welcoming environment designed to foster friendships and promote social interactions.
Hours of work
Monday- Friday, shifts ranging from 8:00am-5:00pm (maximum 44 hours/week).
- Provide on-site supervision and leadership to campers and camp staff.
- Supervise, support and care for campers with disabilities, who need assistance participating in recreation camps.
- Create a positive team environment, supporting all camp staff and provide on-going training where needed.
- Oversee, mentor and take a lead role in creating a welcoming environment for all campers and support workers who attend.
- Responsible for all aspects of camp programming including planning, preparation, making community contacts, and set-up/take down.
- Lead activities and fully engage with campers.
- Communicate with the camp team and camper’s support workers/families as appropriate.
- Complete various administrative duties (i.e. Communication reports, incident reports, statistics, monitoring budget).
- Ensuring facilities and equipment are maintained and kept in an acceptable and safe condition.
- Enforce all City of Guelph program policies and procedures.
- Respect and maintain participant confidentiality.
- Compete and attend all mandatory City of Guelph trainings and meetings.
- Other Duties assigned.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities is an asset.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Previous experience in program planning, development, and implementation.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and in a team environment.
- Adaptable, patient, and innovative approach to work.
- Able to work at various locations across the city.
- Valid CPR Level C and Standard First Aid (or willing to obtain upon hiring).
- HIGH FIVE Principles of Healthy Child Development (or willing to obtain upon hiring).
- A Criminal Reference Check including Vulnerable Sector check will be required at the time of hiring.
These are seasonal positions, with training hours beginning in June. Mandatory training dates are listed below.
- June 3,4, 4:30- 9:00pm- Team Leader Only
- June 6, 9:00am-4:00pm
- June 10,11, 4:30pm-9:00pm
- June 20, 9:00am-4:00pm (12:00pm-4:00pm Inclusion specific training)
- June 25, 9:00am-4:00pm
- June 26, 9:00am-12:00pm
- 4 hours online training
- 3 hours paid planning time in June
Rate of pay
$16.90 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Monday January 13, 2020. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.