Reporting to the Inclusion Recreation Coordinator – The successful candidate will facilitate the summer camp volunteer and inclusion program. The Recreation Division is seeking a Summer Camp Volunteer and Inclusion Camp Facilitator who has direct experience working with youth in a camp program setting.
- Maintain consistency in the delivery and administration of the volunteer program for The Inclusion Summer Camps.
- Responsible for maintaining consistency in the delivery and administration of the volunteer program for summer camps.
- Schedule, support, and mentor inclusion camp volunteers.
- Coordinate the recruitment and placement of all inclusion camp volunteers.
- Implement a training/orientation session for all inclusion volunteers before they are placed on site.
- Coordinate the volunteer’s placements at inclusion summer camp sites and mentor those placements on an ongoing basis.
- In cooperation with the summer camp program facilitator, assist with staff recruitment, training, team publications and events.
- In cooperation with the leader-in-training program team leader, assist with the development and execution of the leadership training programs.
- Experience in leadership roles with responsibility in staffing, scheduling, recruiting, and supervising.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and experience.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities is an asset.
- High Five Principles of Healthy Child Development certification (willing to obtain prior to commencement of summer camp programs).
- A valid Standard First Aid & CPR C certification (willing to obtain prior to commencement of summer camp programs).
- A Criminal Reference Check including Vulnerable Sector check will be required at the time of hiring.
- A valid driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle is required.
- Ability to provide a clear driver’s abstract.
- Experience working with children in a recreational/camp setting. Previous day camp staff experience preferred.
- Ability to respect and maintain participant confidentiality.
- Full availability is required for the full summer (May-September).
These are seasonal positions, with training hours beginning in June and operating full-time hours starting first week of July and ending the week before Labour Day weekend in September. Full time hours applies to daytime weekly programs (Mon-Fri). Occasional shifts required on a Saturday for training and special events. 40 hours per week. Mandatory training dates are listed below.
- June 3,4, 4:30- 9:00pm- Team Leader Only
- June 6, 9:00am-4:00pm
- June 10,11, 4:30pm-9:00pm
- June 20, 9:00am-4:00pm (12:00pm-4:00pm Inclusion specific training)
- June 25, 9:00am-4:00pm
- June 26, 9:00am-12:00pm
- 4 hours online training
- 3 hours paid planning time in June
Rate of pay
$16.90 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Monday January 6, 2020. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.