The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Administrative Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
- Coordinate all incoming requests for repair and maintenance of the City’s fleet of vehicles and equipment, assigning priority to maintain service levels expected of City of Guelph operations.
- Create work orders from Vehicle Repair Request Sheets, email, drive-ins and phone calls.
- Work with Fleet Stores Staff to ensure that correct parts are billed to work orders.
- Create and distribute a monthly preventative maintenance schedule to all users.
- Contact end-user departments to advise them of vehicles due/overdue for planned maintenance services.
- Liaise with Guelph-Wellington Paramedics staff to monitor mileages, coordinate PM work and repair work for the City’s ambulance fleet.
- Answer phones and two-way radio in the service office, take requests for emergency repairs and relay information to Lead Hands.
- Arrange warranty repairs, outsourced repairs, and scheduled maintenance from external vendors as needed to ensure timely return to service of fleet vehicles.
- Maintain Fleet asset service records both electronically and hard copies. Ensure all records are maintained and filed in compliance with Ministry of Transportation regulations.
- Assist with the receiving and commissioning of new vehicles and equipment.
- Keep the virtual whiteboard communications program up-to-date as work progresses.
- Coordinate the flow of administrative activities, including creation of purchase orders, closing work orders, paying invoices and keeping records.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a training database for automotive technicians.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a Grade 12 diploma and 2-3 years’ relevant experience in an automotive or fleet administrative environment. Candidates with equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A valid Class G drivers licence and possess a good driving record.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact professionally with Fleet staff, customers and vendors in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and demanding time frames.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience in MS Office (e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Experience with WAM/Synergen (or other fleet maintenance programs) would be an asset.
- College Diploma in Motive Power Service Management would be considered an asset.
$27.86 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Wednesday January 16, 2019. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.