The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
The City of Guelph Recreation Division offers a variety of recreation fitness program for people of all ages and abilities in weekly sessions throughout the year.
Reporting to the Recreation Program Coordinator, successful candidates will lead a fun and motivating setting for group fitness classes, and be inclusive to all participants.
We offer a variety of classes at various locations – West End Community Centre, Victoria Road Recreation Centre and Evergreen Seniors Community Centre.
Hours of work
Depending on the program(s) the instructor is hired for, the hours will include the program time and up to a 15 min for preparation and 15 min for take down.
Programs we are hiring for could be offered on week days, week nights and weekends
We are looking for qualified fitness instructors to teach in the following areas/skill sets:
- Stroller fit
- Salsa babies
- Drum & Jump
- Plie & sweat (a ballet barre class)
- Step to the music
- Create a welcoming environment for all participants
- Communicate with the program team
- Provide enthusiastic and exciting fitness classes
- Provide fully inclusive program to participants of all abilities and skill levels
- Provide modifications where required
- Ensure participant confidentiality
- Other duties as assigned
- Must hold an approved group fitness instructor qualification (CAN FIT PRO etc)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to respect and maintain participant confidentiality
- A satisfactory Police Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Check is required at time of offer
- Standard first Aid with CPR C
- Full availability is required for scheduled program day and time
$23.80 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by Sunday September 8, 2019 by sending their cover letter and resume as one document (pdf or word) by email at RecPrograms@guelph.ca , subject line: fitness instructor.
For more information about some of the programs we are hiring for, please reference programs listed in adult section in the Guelph Community Guide at guelph.ca/recreation
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.