The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Corporate Administrative Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
- Process customer inquiries, transactions and follow up related to facility rentals of picnic shelters and amusement rides, meeting rooms, and one-off rentals/occasional use of recreation facilities (arenas, sports fields etc.)
- Prepare and distribute rental contracts, insurance forms and required booking documentation.
- Invoice, monitor, and follow up on accounts receivables for facility rentals. Escalate to Supervisor when warranted.
- Distribute weekly facility calendars to distribution lists.
- Assist in the documentation of policies, guidelines and standard operating procedures for facility booking, public space allocation and related processes.
- Maintain efficient filing and records management system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through a diploma in Recreation, Event Management, Business Administration or closely related field
- 1-2 years customer service experience (in person, over the phone, and electronic communication)
- Two years’ experience with booking and registration software.
- Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience using Perfect Mind software an asset
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to resolve customer inquiries in an effective manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while being an effective member of a team
- Ability to work collaboratively with community groups, agencies and organizations.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook) with the ability to manipulate data and create complex spreadsheets.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple timelines and assignments in order to meet deadlines in a very demanding customer service focused environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Ability to analyze problems, identify alternatives and make recommendations in order to implement procedures and policies.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and unquestionable integrity.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
Hours of work
This is a part-time position scheduled up to 20 hours per week, including nights, weekends and holidays.
$19.41 – $20.79 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply by Wednesday April 24, 2019 by sending their cover letter and resume as one document (pdf or word) by email to Patricia Pizziola at firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.