The City of Guelph is looking to hire eager, motivated, and hard-working individuals who will assist with collecting, inputting, and verifying data and information as required for the City of Guelph’s Employment Survey. If you are a highly organized, self-starter who enjoys customer service than this is the position for you!
Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
Employment Surveyors (3 positions)
- Collects, inputs, and verifies data and information as required for the City of Guelph’s Employment Survey.
- Contact and meet businesses via door-to-door visits to gather information and data on business locations, types, and number of employees.
- Daily use of survey software and hardware to collect information and data.
- Follow-up in-person or by telephone when required.
- Regular travel throughout the City of Guelph.
- Responding to questions while surveying in the community.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education (in process or completed) in business, economic development, planning, or equivalent related program and experience in conducting research, surveying, and statistical and demographic analysis.
- Customer service experience required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to speak with business owners and staff, elicit information, respond to inquiries and complaints, and participate as an effective team member.
- Exceptional computer skills using software such as Microsoft Office, Survey 123, as well as familiarity using tablet devices.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Valid G or G2 driver’s licence with a good driving record and minimum two years driving experience.
$15.70 – $17.30 per hour (2021 rates. 2022 rates are under review)
Employment Survey Coordinator (1 position)
- Administers the coordination of four surveyors (including themselves) to collect and input information and data for the City of Guelph’s Employment Survey.
- Coordinates daily schedule of surveyors.
- Elevates issues to Planner and project lead.
- Performs duties outlined under Employment Surveyor.
- Experience in conducting research, surveying, and statistical and demographic analysis.
- Ability to interpret and apply Statistics Canada’s NAICS codes.
- Ability to do basic trouble-shooting of computer and software applications.
- Qualifications outlined under Employment Surveyor.
$16.50 – $18.25 per hour (2021 rates. 2022 rates are under review)
Hours of work
35 hours per week Monday to Friday from May to end of August 2022
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Sunday, January 30, 2022. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.