The City of Guelph is a vibrant and diverse community with a unique sense of place located in southern Ontario along the Innovation Corridor that runs between Toronto and Kitchener-Waterloo. We are also one of Canada’s fastest-growing cities with a projected population increase from 135,000 people to almost 170,000 in the next 10 years. Guelph is consistently ranked as one of the best places in Canada to live, work, and play—all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Reporting to the General Manager of Fire Services the successful candidate will be responsible for administration of the Fire Service and continuity of operations of the Fire Services. As a member of the Fire Services management team, this position will also be responsible for operating and capital budgets, quality assurance and communications/dispatch services, personnel matters, and providing supervision and direction to Fire Prevention and community engagement initiatives. The successful candidate will be familiar with the Commission on Fire Accreditation International (CFAI) self-improvement processes and will be committed to organizational excellence. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Strategic Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – an inclusive, connected, prosperous city.
- Provide visible and positive leadership to quality assurance, dispatch and administration staff, consistent with the commitments of the City’s Leadership Charter, developing and nurturing a work environment that is inclusive, respectful and motivating for staff.
- Provide guidance and oversight for the Fire Prevention Activities and coordinate community engagement opportunities on behalf of Fire Services.
- Be prepared to act as an alternate Emergency Manager for the City of Guelph as required, including participation in the Emergency Management Program Committee as required.
- Oversee the administrative management of the Fire Services department including issues related to strategic plans, legislative compliance, information technologies, communications and corporate (City) initiatives.
- Prepare annual operating and capital budgets for the department; monitor, manage and working cooperatively with Finance staff, identify requirements and variances; apply for and manage grant funding opportunities as required.
- Manage and oversee dispatch operations including the scheduling and supervision of staff as well as the management of third-party contracts.
- Oversee all processes associated with providing continuous quality improvement and enhancement of service delivery to the community and the department, which may include the City’s pursuit of CFAI accreditation
- As required, act as the Accreditation Manager for Fire Services and qualify and be prepared to participate as a Peer Assessor
- Represent the department as necessary before Council and Committee meetings of the City and with other stakeholder organizations.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders including customers, the Mayor and members of Council, city staff, community partners and associations, suppliers, vendors, contractors and municipal, provincial and federal counterparts.
- This position is part of the Fire Service Senior Management Team, and the successful candidate must be available to be on call and provide after-hours response and guidance on a rotating schedule.
- The successful candidate must be able to work flexible hours as required; this position will be required to carry a cell phone and will be required to answer and respond as required outside normal business hours.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Considerable experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through progressive responsibility and experience within an emergency services agency. The successful candidate must be able to meet the requirements an alternate Emergency Management Coordinator and be committed to working cooperatively with the community.
- Demonstrated leadership skills acquired through considerable experience leading, engaging and motivating staff.
- Experience with the incident command system within an emergency operations centre is an asset.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills both long term and under pressure.
- Experience with modern multi-jurisdictional dispatch operations, budgeting and accreditation processes.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of related legislation and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Proven ability to deliver presentations and provide training to others.
- Proven ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Understanding and ability to interpret Collective Agreements.
- An ability to manage in a unionized environment.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite and other applicable software.
- Familiarity with Computer Assisted Dispatch systems and their capabilities
- Familiarity with Records Managements Systems and their capabilities
- A class “G” Ontario Drivers License, with an acceptable driver’s abstract record in accordance with City of Guelph vehicle policy.
- The successful candidate must provide and maintain a Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screening check.
$ 126,549.28 – $158,187.16 Annually
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Sunday, August 1, 2021. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.