Plan, organize and conduct aqua fitness classes following guidelines outlined by the Aquatic Department. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, excellence and wellness, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – to be the city that makes a difference.
Hours of work
Up to 20 hours per week with daytime, evening and weekend shifts required
Victoria Road Recreation Centre
West End Community Centre
- To be a role model and a positive motivating force to participants.
- Ongoing assessment and monitoring of participants for the appropriateness of the program content and level. Provide options to the patrons to meet their needs.
- Participate in regular professional development opportunities both internally and externally in the following areas: choreography, exercise technique, exercise safety, specialty areas, music selection, etc.
- Assist in maintaining high safety supervision at all times.
- Take appropriate action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in the department policies and procedures.
- Be a supportive team member by covering classes in case of an absence.
- Ensure music and equipment provided at facilities (Head set, aqua fit mat ) are prepared before class and used.
- Represent the City of Guelph in a professional manner at all times both internally and externally.
- Other duties as assigned
- Recognized Aquafit certification through SPEEDO, CALA, YM/YWCA or other training/certifications
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate that is recognized by WSIB (must be done every two years)
- Strong interpersonal skills, good planning, instruction and communication skills, training and experience in specialized fitness.
Rate of pay
$24.25 per hour
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.