The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the contract position of Amanda Support Analyst within the Information Technology department. Reporting to the Manager, Business solutions, the successful candidate will share responsibilities in maintaining the AMANDA application. This position is an integral part of a team of technology professionals tasked with application administration and business collaboration to gain efficiencies and utilize technology to maintain a healthy system infrastructure. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City of Guelph Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Community Vision – an inclusive, connected, prosperous city where we look after each other and our environment.
- Use functional specifications of business requirements, develop, design, test, implement and sustain quality solutions using AMANDA.
- Maintain system integrity and data security by providing daily technical support for AMANDA application.
- Develop, design and maintain reports using Crystal Reports 2011.
- Implement system updates
- Participate in AMANDA 7 upgrade project working as part of a project team
- Work in conjunction with other technical staff to isolate, troubleshoot, resolve problems and administer the AMANDA application.
- Participate in upgrades and rollouts of the AMANDA application.
- Provide training and coaching to staff on the AMANDA application and reports.
- Work as part of a project team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Considerable experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a post-secondary Diploma or University Degree with a major in Computer Science or a related discipline and considerable experience in applications analysis and design and business process re-engineering in a medium to large sized corporate environment, preferably in a municipal setting. Candidates with equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Excellent knowledge of, and previous work experience with the AMANDA application (administration and user functionality).
- Must possess a valid Class G driver’s licence and possess a good driving record.
- Proficiency with Oracle PL/SQL, Trigger and related Oracle RDMS tools.
- Experience with Crystal Reports.
- Ability to design custom and ad-hoc reports (PL/SQL and Crystal Reports).
- Advanced competency with Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Able to handle multiple and changing priorities and coordinate available resources accordingly.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
$75,634.49 – $94,543.11 per year
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Monday February 24, 2020. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.