The City of Guelph is hiring for multiple administration clerks to assist with customer service, data entry and general clerical duties. Through efficient processes, initiative, problem solving and timely communication, this position will contribute to the delivery of departmental programs and services through clerical support, special projects and other general duties as assigned. If you enjoy customer service, communication and teamwork than this is the job for you!
Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
Currently hiring for the following departments:
- Wastewater Services
- Building Services (2 positions)
- Guelph Wellington Paramedic Services (2 positions)
- Facilities Management
- Provide excellent customer service to general public and internal stakeholders.
- Assist with telephone reception, maintenance of general email box, in-person requests, and provide timely and accurate responses to inquiries.
- Assist with records management, data entry, compilation and auditing existing records
- Assist with ordering and inventory of office supplies.
- Support project work by researching and compiling information.
- Provide clerical support including filing (electronic and paper-based), scanning, photocopying etc.
- Actively participate in meetings and projects as they arise.
- Currently enrolled in or graduate of a Business Administration or related program (Medical Business Admin program is preferred for Guelph Wellington Paramedic position).
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience in performing general clerical and administrative duties.
- Ability to transpose information accurately and within established timelines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team as required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access etc.
- Experience with WAM, Kronos or AMANDA would be an asset.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Valid G or G2 driver’s licence with a good driving record and a minimum of 2 years driving experience.
- Comfortable with medical terminology (for position at GW Paramedic Service).
- Comfortable lifting up to 50 lbs (moving parcels/boxes at GW Paramedic Service)
$16.00-$18.60 (2021 rates. 2022 rates are under review)
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Sunday January 30, 2022. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted