The City of Guelph is a vibrant and diverse community with a unique sense of place located in southern Ontario along the Innovation Corridor that runs between Toronto and Kitchener-Waterloo. We are also one of Canada’s fastest-growing cities with a projected population increase from 135,000 people to almost 170,000 in the next 10 years. Guelph is consistently ranked as one of the best places in Canada to live, work, and play—all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
We are hiring a temporary Business Analyst, Computerized Maintenance Management System to support the CMMS project team as a Subject Matter Expert on a Work Management implementation in the City’s technology ecosystem. A successful candidate is capable of designing a Fit for Use work management solution for the City Of Guelph. Experience in implement CMMS softwares in a municipal operating environment, with a background in maintenance and asset management is critical. The main tasks will include performing detailed requirements analysis, documenting processes, and performing some user acceptance testing. To succeed in this role analytical thinking and the ability to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users in plain language is required. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
- Lead functional and technical aspects of CMMS solution development, including design of custom applications and interfaces ensuring quality of the implementation;
- Develop work management strategy/ framework, criteria and key design decision document which can be applied consistently across Service Areas while gathering requirements , mapping business processes, solution design and supporting change management;
- Provide guidance for development strategy for legacy data conversion and data migration, develop conversion functional specification and mapping;
- Provide support in functional test case development and application test.
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions.
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimization strategies.
- Conduct meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Perform requirements analysis.
- Effectively communicate insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management.
- Review and provide feedback on the implementer documents.
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and produce reports.
- Ensure solution meets business needs and requirements.
- Perform user acceptance testing.
- Update, implement and maintain procedures.
- Prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements.
- Serve as a liaison between stakeholders and users.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Considerable experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through a University Degree in Engineering, Commerce, Business, Economics or closely related field and experience in the solution design and implementation of full lifecycle CMMS implementations, with understanding of industry best practices for maintenance and asset management. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Must possess a valid Class “G” driver’s licence with a good driving record. Successful candidates will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract prior to their start date to confirm their license is held in good standing and that it has not been suspended or revoked under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) or Criminal Code of Canada in the last 5 years. The City of Guelph will take into consideration the number of demerit points and/or nature of the infractions to determine if it meets our requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of work management, maintenance and asset management processes and how a CMMS system can be implemented to meet customer requirements.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- The ability to document and communicate results of your efforts.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage staff and work in a team environment.
- Able to manage multiple and changing demands and priorities.
- Excellent plain language communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) and Visio.
- Ability to understand IT methodology.
- Ability to develop use cases, test scripts and then leading the execution of the tests including documenting the results.
- Fundamental analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Ability to document findings and create detailed reports and present findings.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) is an asset.
- IBM Certified Advanced Deployment Professional – Maximo Asset Management v7.6 is an asset.
- Implementation of Oracle’s JD Edwards, Kronos and ESRI with Work Management systems are considered an asset.
$37.77-$47.21 per hour
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Wednesday, August 4, 2021. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.