The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the temporary position of Program Manager, Customer Service and Customer Experience within the City Clerk’s Office. Reporting to the General Manager, City Clerk’s Office/City Clerk, this position is responsible for the implementation of the Service Simplified Strategy as per the Mobilizing the Customer Service pathway in order to create a customer centric culture and an enhancement of service delivery at the City of Guelph. The successful candidate will have a citizen/customer centric compass with excellent organizational skills. The candidate will have a focus on quality customer service and continuous improvement processes. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
- As the champion for customer service and customer experience in the organization, plan, develop and deliver significant program and corporate initiatives that support the implementation of the Service Simplified Strategy as per the Mobilizing the Customer Service pathway to create a customer centric culture.
- Serve as project manager for overall customer service and experience modernization at the City of Guelph including managing the complete project and the streams of work in the strategies noted above.
- Facilitate collaboration across City departments to achieve an excellent customer experience and maintain strategic partnerships with stakeholders to implement ideal service delivery solutions.
- Chair the City’s Customer Service and Digital Steering Committee and support their vision to significantly expand the number and quality of digitally enabled services that the City offers to customers, providing them through a consistent user experience that rivals the best online services in government and the private sector.
- With a customer first approach and using best practices in change management, agile project management, lean improvement and customer/client centred design, develop recommendations on policies, processes, systems and culture to ensure that City services are delivered as effectively and seamlessly as possible.
- Ensure that customer service performance indicators are established and communicated to stakeholders according to the Service Simplified Strategy and the Mobilizing the Customer Service pathway in order to monitor and evaluate results and customer feedback to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work closely with the City’s existing service delivery locations, including ServiceGuelph, to collaborate, coordinate and align customer service deliverables in order to build a unified approach to service delivery across the organization.
- Work with leaders and customer service staff across the organization to define, launch, and promote Guelph’s Good Service Standards. In doing so, provide guidance to business units on best practices and work cooperatively with business units to encourage them to adopt corporate standards.
- Research, review, develop, implement and monitor best practices, policies, and procedures to optimize the delivery of customer service.
- Complete special assignments and other duties as assigned.
- Considerable experience related to the duties listed above, normally post-secondary education in Business Administration, Public Administration or closely related discipline and considerable experience in supporting corporate change initiatives within a private or public sector organization. Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in delivering customer service and digital service change initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively in a complex service-oriented organization.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks associated with a large and complex change project.
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff, stakeholders and the general public.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams, establish and communicate a service-oriented vision and lead without direct oversight.
- Ability to prepare of SOP’s, SLA’s, reports and presentations.
- Ability to define, establish and measure key performance indicators.
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or as a Scrum Master would be an asset.
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work efficiently, independently and with minimal supervision.
- Municipal or public sector experience would be an asset.
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Thursday, April 22, 2021. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.