The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hour’s driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life – all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the temporary position of Departmental Application Analyst – Transit and Paramedic Services (EMS) within the Information Technology (IT) Department. Reporting to the Manager, Business Solutions, this position will work with IT resources to continuously improve the department’s satisfaction with their specific application. This will be done by leading a regular touchpoint with departments where previous incidents will be analyzed for trends, project status will be discussed with an emphasis on deadline adherence and business outcomes, and opportunities for capability-expansion will be explored. The ideal candidate will have a breadth of IT knowledge and skills, and collaboration skills to bring in others as needed. As this role will be supporting two (2) departments, strong time management skills will be an asset. Guided by the goals and objectives of the City’s Strategic Plan and committed to the Corporate Values of integrity, service, inclusion, wellness and learning, the candidate will aid in the achievement of the Vision for an inclusive, connected and prosperous city.
- Develop plans and execute maintenance and continuous improvement of department-specific hardware. Ex. Swipe terminals, shared computer terminals
- Act as technical lead on departmental projects
- Develop standard operating procedures to aid with training and business continuity
- Develop an application-specific plan regarding the introduction of new functionality, software upgrades and configuration changes that support continuous improvement.
- Champion IT support model and processes throughout the department
- Assist in the management and oversight of the patient care software program, the Time and Attendance software program and the vehicle AVL software program used by the Paramedic service, including maintenance of laptops, swipe terminals, other hardware and connections with internet and cardiac monitors.
- Assist with the implementation, maintenance and management of the supply and equipment tracking software being implemented by the Paramedic Service.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of desktop computers used for training purposes, including assisting with logon and delivery of education through apps.
- Take inventory and provide integration map of current systems
- Build reports and data visualizations for effective understanding and presentation of information for a variety of audiences (management team, regulatory bodies, public)
- Act as technical lead on departmental projects
- Develop standard operating procedure to aid with training and business continuity
- Resolve problems using electronic tools, manuals and technical support documentation
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of a diploma in Computer Science or other related discipline and 10+ years’ experience working with network/windows server administration, computer-aided dispatch systems, records management, and mobile technologies. Candidates with equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Experience working with the concierge or executive customer support will be an asset.
- A valid Class G driver’s licence with a good driving record. Successful candidates will be required to provide a current driver’s abstract prior to their start date to confirm their licence is held in good standing and that it has not been suspended or revoked under the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) or Criminal Code of Canada in the last 5 years. The City of Guelph will take into consideration the number of demerit points and/or nature of the infractions to determine if it meets our requirements.
- Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Server operating systems, Active Directory, SQL, GIS and mobile technologies. Knowledge of Trapeze and Interdev ePCR will be considered an asset
- Experience in a customer support role
- Experience in vendor management
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be a reliable self-starter able to work alone or with supervision.
- Ability to problem-solve and good decision-making skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments in order to meet deadlines.
- Able to perform physical requirements of the position (e.g. lifting up to 50 pounds).
How to apply
Qualified applicants are invited to apply using our online application system by Friday, January 15, 2021. Please note all applicants must complete the online questionnaire specific to this position at the time they submit their resume and cover letter in order to be considered. Proof of qualifications will be requested at the interview stage.
Please click on the “Apply for this job” button. Instructions will follow.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.