The City of Guelph may promote events on its website and/or social media sites if the City is involved as a host, participant or partner. Otherwise, the City does not permit members of the public to promote events on guelph.ca and/or social media sites.
There are many other sites where you can promote your event:
This list is provided as a courtesy and is not an endorsement of the companies mentioned.
Money Talk: Making Cents of the Municipal Budget
September 18 at 10:00 am to 11:30 am
Here’s your opportunity to learn and join the conversation about what goes into the City budget, how to navigate through it, and how budget decisions are made in Guelph.
We’re offering a 90-minute virtual workshop—Money Talk: Making Cents of the Municipal Budget—three times in September to suit a range of schedules; each includes a budget basics presentation, two breakout sessions to take deeper dives into the information that interests you most, and discussion about Guelph’s municipal budget.
- Wednesday, September 15 at 1 p.m.
- Saturday, September 18 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 21 at 7 p.m.
What you’ll learn:
- What the budget does, what is mandated, and how Guelph uses the budget to set the pace of projects.
- How to navigate the budget website.
- Operating versus capital budgets and how they work together.
- Special considerations being made for the 2022 budget.
- How the new multi-year budgeting works and why we have made the shift.
- How you can participate in the budget process.
You can also participate in two breakout sessions on any of the four topics:
- Multi-year budgeting: what does it mean
- Revenue beyond property tax
- Long-term financial strategies
- Funding capital projects
You’ll leave prepared to understand what you are looking at and how to navigate the 2022 budget when it is presented on November 16. No, you won’t get a sneak peek at the numbers, but you will get all of your budget questions answered by our staff experts.
Register at guelphmoneytalk.eventbrite.ca. Space is limited.