The City of Guelph may promote events on its website and/or social media sites if the City is involved as a host, participant or partner. Otherwise, the City does not permit members of the public to promote events on guelph.ca and/or social media sites.
There are many other sites where you can promote your event:
This list is provided as a courtesy and is not an endorsement of the companies mentioned.
- This event has passed.
Goods Exchange Weekend: May 17-20
May 17 at 5:00 pm to May 20 at 7:00 pm
Are you searching for that special something or wishing to get rid of an item you no longer need? Goods Exchange Weekend is a great opportunity to exchange reusable household items, such as furniture, appliances, and toys—for free!
Participating in this community re-use event is easy—just follow the simple tips below:
- Clearly label items you wish to give away as “FREE” and place them at the curb after 5 p.m. on Friday.
- Prevent misunderstandings by ensuring items such as children’s bikes, toys, and gardening tools are not accidentally left near the curb.
- Over the weekend, tour your neighbourhood to see what great deals you can find at the curb.
- At the end of the weekend, remove items that were not picked up from your curb.
- All leftover items must be removed from the curb by 7:00 p.m. on Monday. Items left at the curb are subject to enforcement action under the Waste Collection By-law which may include a fine or clean-up fee.