The City of Guelph may promote events on its website and/or social media sites if the City is involved as a host, participant or partner. Otherwise, the City does not permit members of the public to promote events on guelph.ca and/or social media sites.
There are many other sites where you can promote your event:
This list is provided as a courtesy and is not an endorsement of the companies mentioned.
- This event has passed.
Doggie Dip at Lyon Pool
September 4 at 1:15 pm to 3:00 pm
We’re hosting our annual Doggie Dip on September 4.
Registration is required and opens August 31. Register for a 45-minute session at 1:15 or 2:15 p.m. through recenroll.ca, in person at our recreation facilities or over the phone by calling 519-837-5699. Capacity is capped at 50 dogs per swim, with a maximum of two people per dog.
Licence to dip
This event is a leash-free activity in a fenced, outdoor setting. All participating dogs must be licenced with the City and be up to date on all of their vaccinations. All the same rules from our leash-free areas apply to the swim.
A few additional rules apply:
- Only dogs are allowed in the pool.
- Dogs must be accompanied by an owner 18 years of age or older.
- Dogs must be leashed entering and exiting Lyon Pool.
- Please leave toys, balls and food at home. Dog life jackets are allowed.
- Drinking water is allowed (no glass bottles). We have fountains for you to refill water dishes.
For more information