The City of Guelph may promote events on its website and/or social media sites if the City is involved as a host, participant or partner. Otherwise, the City does not permit members of the public to promote events on guelph.ca and/or social media sites.
There are many other sites where you can promote your event:
This list is provided as a courtesy and is not an endorsement of the companies mentioned.
- This event has passed.
May 11 at 7:00 am to 12:00 pmFree
Commemorate the opening season of the outdoor backlot at the Guelph Farmers’ Market on Saturday, May 11 from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (Noon).
Guelphites and visitors alike can’t wait until our farmers’ market spreads to the outside and we want to kickoff this with a celebration!
As part of the festivities, new and familiar vendors will be hosting special deals and fun activities:
- Laza Food and Beverage Co. want you to help them celebrate their 10th anniversary with their special popsicles and drinks!
- Rodolfo’s Rebel Foods are going to have quality hot dogs for the kiddos!
- Brantview Apples invite you to draw for free cider and t-shirts!
- Mushroom Ladies want to save you $1 off mesh reusable bags and will offer special deals on produce!
- Taste of Craft want the kids to search for the stinky chees man! Where is he?
- Manipura is going BOGO-crazy (buy one, get one)!
- Taste Detours is hosting one of their famous and sought-after events, EatStreet: a Moveable Brunch. One of their stops? The market of course! Get your spot now.
Along with our returning vendors and farmers, we’ll have special guests:
- Dance along with 5-piece folk/bluegrass music from Onion Honey
- Take home seedlings and plants from favourite vendors and guests like Guelph Horticultural Society and lavender products from Baroque Botanicals… and don’t forget artisanal goods and specialty goods
- Indulge in fresh and exciting locally-prepared food from fan-favourites
- Create beeswax wraps with Guelph Tool Library
- Be inspired and grow your green thumb with The City of Guelph‘s Water Services and Healthy Landscapes
- Sample and purchase VQA wines and local ciders from: Howell Road Cider Co., Cox Creek Cellars, Heartwood Farm & Cidery and Greenlane Estate Winery
- Play with the kids! Let them explore the beauty, art and science of spring. The littles will get dirty and interact with Ignatius Farm, Children’s Art Factory, Let’s Talk Science Guelph and Yorklands Green Hub.
Come one, come all to the market.
Rain or shine. Parking is free in the Fountain Street lot on Saturday for this event.