Our shared community mindset will help us empower employees to make decisions in service of our constituents and will foster innovation and proactive strategic thinking. I will hold myself and others accountable to be collaborative, courageous leaders.
I will lead with a shared community mindset…
…where employees are empowered to make decisions in service of our constituents and will foster innovation and proactive strategic thinking. I will hold myself and others accountable to be collaborative, courageous leaders.
Why it’s important: The ability to think beyond one’s own area and build deliberate relationships is critical to achieving our common strategic goals and providing excellent service to the community.
I will communicate with clarity
- Create a clear line of sight for employees to be aligned around our objectives
- Support transparent and open government
- Balance exceptional service, short-term needs and long-term strategic priorities
Why it’s important: In our complex and changing environment it is critical that all City of Guelph employees are aligned and engaged to create an exceptional organization to best serve our City.
I will foster innovation
- Develop a safe-fail environment and smart risk taking
- Leverage diverse ideas and progressive ways of thinking
- Lead change and create agile teams
Why it’s important: Challenging how we do things and looking for new solutions is how we will continue to lead in a new era. Leaders are accountable to leave the organization better than they found it.
I will be accountable to our stakeholders
- Be results focused and encourage it in others
- Develop people and cultivate future leaders
- Role model courage, resilience and wellness and hold difficult conversations
Why it’s important: Performance-oriented leaders who hold themselves and others accountable are the foundation for our success. As the City of Guelph continues to evolve and grow we need to manage for today and build the environment where people can grow for tomorrow.