Part-time and seasonal staff are an important part of our team at the City of Guelph. We want your time with us to be happy, healthy and productive.You are joining a team that works to demonstrate our corporate values of integrity, excellence and wellness each and every day. These values help us make a difference in the lives of our residents.
Please take our online orientation and bookmark this page to have helpful information when you need it.
Preparing for my first day:
- Be prepared by taking your orientation training
- Make a positive impression by planning to arrive a bit early for your first shift
- Plan the best route to get to work.
- Bike racks are available at all work sites and most are on transit routes.
- Parking lots are unique for each work location.
- Review your offer letter to see if there are additional pieces of information, or equipment you need to bring on your first day.
Answers questions related to your pay cheque, and provide you with an opportunity to connect with a member of our payroll team.
Provides answers related to hours of work and sick time
A respectful workplace, where employees feel safe and valued is essential to our staff. This site provides some resources related to City of Guelph and support should you need to talk about your experience here at Guelph.
Learn more about our commitment to excellence in customer service in the many services our full and part-time staff provide each day, and how the City of Guelph is being recognized.
The most important part of your work here at the City of Guelph is your safety. Find information about your orientation, safe work policies, and guidance regarding making a hazard report here.