The Business Process Management (BPM) department envisions an organization with a culture of innovation and process-based management that focuses on understanding how to best deliver value to customers and stakeholders through the conduits of process.
The primary mandate of BPM is to ensure the organization is operating both effectively and efficiently through the facilitation, development and promotion of business process management capabilities. BPM is an internal service provided to departments and the organization. BPM provides services to guide, review, support and encourage process improvement and management activities.
Areas of focus
BPM has three main areas of activity: 1) Process improvement, 2) Process management and 3) BPM administration. Process improvement activities are often one-time projects or exercises that review, improve or design processes and services. Process management and BPM administration are continuous and ongoing services focused on the activities of building, managing, facilitating and educating.
Provides a range of resource supports for process improvement projects, including process discovery, service reviews, performance measurement, benchmarking, change management and continuous process improvement support
- Business service reviews
- Process documentation
- Process analysis / modeling / simulation
- Process performance analysis
- Process change management
- Process design/improvement
- Process risk and internal controls
- Process improvement project management
Involves the creation and maintenance of process architectures, methodologies, templates, performance measurement and monitoring and infrastructure of process management and improvement.
- Process architecture maintenance
- Process strategic alignment
- Process performance measure development
- Process management training and education
- Process benchmarking and innovation
- Standards management
Encompasses program administration, management of systems, resources and knowledge, including a central knowledge repository
- Knowledge / library management
- Process portfolio management