Overnight on-street parking restrictions are back December 1 and we’re rolling out our new online parking exemption portal. You must register as a new user at parkingguelph.aimsparking.com before applying for an exemption.
The new system offers:
- Email confirming your exemption.
- Password automatic reset without having to call bylaw.
- Notification if your exemption is cancelled due to heavy snow or a plow out.
About parking exemptions
Overnight on-street parking restrictions run until April 1. You can’t park on restricted streets between 2-6 a.m. unless you have a parking exemption.
Up to 12 visitor parking exemptions are allowed per residence per year. Each exemption is valid for a maximum of two vehicles for two consecutive nights. Exemptions are cancelled if a heavy snow fall is forecasted or a plow out is called. You will receive an email if your parking exemption is cancelled. Tickets for parking overnight on-street in illegal areas are $35. Vehicles may be towed at the owner’s expense if emergency vehicles or snow plows are unable to pass safely.
Things to keep in mind with parking exemptions:
- Vehicles have to be legally parked; all parking and bylaw regulations still apply with overnight exemptions.
- Exemptions are suspended for 48 hours during heavy snowfall or when a plow out is called. We’ll email you directly if exemptions are cancelled.
- Reach out to your neighbours for shared parking spaces to keep the streets open for plows. Sign up for plow-out email alerts at ca/snow.
- Downtown municipal parking and City arena parking lots can be used if exemptions are cancelled.
For more information or to report an issue
David Wiedrick, Manager, Bylaw Compliance, Security and Licensing
519-822-1260 extension 3475