To better understand your experience with us, and needs and expectations you have with respect to how we deliver services, we surveyed a random sample of Guelph residents throughout August and September to see how we are doing.
Satisfaction research is an important way for us to understand how you experience services, interaction with us and overall perception of the City. Findings will help us improve services, communication and engagement, and deliver on our Strategic Plan priorities.
One of our goals as an organization is to ensure we are a modern government, one that is effective, fiscally responsible and trusted by you, for you. To do that, we need to understand your vision for Guelph and the role we play in making that a reality. The Citizen Satisfaction Survey, along with the Strategic Plan and Community Plan, will inform our work—budgeting, service and program delivery, and work plans—as we make Guelph future ready.
As part of our 2019 Citizen Satisfaction Survey process, Ipsos Public Affairs conducted a telephone survey on our behalf. To complement the phone survey, we also conducted an online survey to get your feedback about City programs, services and more. Thank you to all those who participated—nearly 700 residents answered the survey!
The results are in!
According to the City’s 2019 Citizen Satisfaction Survey:
- 89 per cent of Guelph residents express overall satisfaction with the delivery of services by the City
- 85 per cent of Guelph residents who had contact with City employees in the past 12 months are satisfied with the overall quality of the service they received
- 95 per cent of Guelph residents rate quality of life in Guelph as good or very good
- 94 per cent of Guelph residents agree that Guelph is a welcoming community
- 93 per cent of Guelph residents say they are proud to be a part of this city
- 81 per cent of Guelph residents believe they receive good value for their tax dollars
- 2019 Citizen Survey results: City Council Information Report
- 2019 Citizen Survey Results: Ipsos Public Affairs report
- 2017 Citizen Survey results: City Council report and presentation
- 2017 Citizen Survey Results: Ipsos Public Affairs report
- Guelph’s Community Plan
- City’s Strategic Plan: 2019-2023
- Notice of Collection