August 16, 2019
We’re making some minor changes to the transit system, starting September 1, as part of our ongoing effort to improve the service for riders.
These changes include introducing a new express route, discontinuing a charter and under performing route, increasing service frequency on two routes, changing three platform locations, and making improvements to the University of Guelph’s late night service.
- 59 U Gordon Express: new express route that operates between Heritage Drive and University Centre (every 20 minutes; northbound stops in the morning and southbound stops in the afternoon)
- 41 Downtown-University Express is discontinued; take the 99 Mainline
- ARC Industries charter is discontinued; take 17 Woodlawn Watson/18 Watson Woodlawn
- 11 Willow and 14 Grange (weekday service after 8:45 p.m. is now every 30 minutes)
- 9 Waterloo use platform 6 at Guelph Central Station
- 17 Woodlawn Watson and 18 Watson Woodlawn use platforms 6 and 7 at University Centre
Late night service
- Tuesday and Wednesday weekday service every 60 minutes for Victoria Clair and West Hanlon Kortright loops
- Late night Sunday service (route changes with increased service in south end that is every 30 minutes)
For students attending or returning to the University of Guelph this fall, service resumes on the university routes as of September 3.
Visit guelphtransit.ca for route schedules, maps, and trip planning.
Printed route schedules and maps are available at City Hall, Guelph Civic Museum, Evergreen Seniors Community Centre, West End Community Centre and the Victoria Road Recreation Centre.
For more information
Supervisor, Planning and Scheduling
519-822-1260 extension 2523