Every year, we replace playgrounds in our parks that are at the end of their life cycle. Playgrounds are replaced every 15-20 years, depending on their condition.
We’re replacing five playgrounds in 2019
- Burns Drive Park, 25 Burns Drive (construction starts August 1)
- Grange Road Park, 598 Grange Road (construction starts August 1)
- Royal City Park, 119 Gordon Street (construction starts August 1)
- St. George’s Park, 40 Metcalfe Street (construction starts August 1)
- Suffolk Street Park, 265 Suffolk Street (construction starts August 1)
Construction on each playground will start on August 1 and be complete by December 1, weather permitting. During that time, please stay out of the fenced areas. We’ll provide updates as we move along on this page and our Facebook and Twitter feeds.
See what your new park will look like
Thanks to everyone who provided their feedback during engagement. We’ve used it to create renderings of the new parks that will be installed this year.7 MBGrange Road Park 1 MBSt. George’s Park 1 MBRoyal City Park 548 KBBurns Drive Park 592 KBSuffolk Street Park
Where you can play instead
While we’re replacing the playground, here are some other parks where you can play instead.
For more information
Stefan Ilic, Landscape Technologist
Open Space Planning, Parks and Recreation
City of Guelph
519-822-1260 extension 3349