Support your community and help keep kids safe
We‘re looking for regular and spare crossing guards for school crossings in Guelph. Crossing guards work from September to June with time off when school is out, including weekends and holidays.
Crossing guards receive:
- flexibility to suit your schedule
- paid training
- all needed equipment
- mentoring support (new guards)
- paid P.D. days
- on-call pay (spare guards only)
- paid mileage (spare guards only)
- summers off
- invitation to the annual guard appreciation event
- self-motivated and friendly
- a great communicator
- committed and reliable
- work two shifts per day, Monday to Friday, between 7:45 to 9:00 a.m. and 2:45 to 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday (shift times vary by location and coverage requirements)
- help children cross roads safely on their way to and from school
- obey all established safety regulations and report any concerns
- work outside with changing weather and traffic conditions
How to apply
Employment is subject to a satisfactory police record check.
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information
Tina (Christine) Vettor
519-822-1260 extension 2040