The Commercial Policy Review is focused on protecting, intensifying and reconfiguring commercial space in Guelph to better serve the community’s shopping and service needs.
The Commercial Policy Review Discussion Paper presents draft options for amendments to the City’s Official Plan and Zoning Bylaw to implement the Commercial Policy Review Preferred Framework.
The discussion paper presents options for:
- Designating two new Community Mixed-use Centres and a new Mixed-use Corridor
- Increasing floor space maximums for three Community Mixed-use Centres
- Establishing a new maximum gross floor area for Neighbourhood Commercial Centres
- Incorporating floor space minimums in Community Mixed-use Centres, Mixed-use Corridors and Neighbourhood Commercial Centres
- Providing Commercial Function Study policies to protect against the loss of existing and planned commercial space.
Let us know what you think about these and other revisions.
The discussion paper will be released Friday, April 5, 2019 on guelph.ca/commercialreview. Comments received will be recorded and considered by City staff in drafting amendments to the City’s Official Plan and Zoning By-law.
Comments will be accepted until April 26, 2019 by email, email@example.com, or in person/mail:
Planning and Building Services
Commercial Policy Review Discussion Paper
1 Carden Street, Guelph, ON N1H 3A1
For more information
Manager, Policy Planning and Urban Design, Planning and Building Services
519-837-5616 extension 2361