Every year, we replace playgrounds in our parks that are at the end of their life cycle. Playgrounds are replaced every 15-20 years, depending on their condition.
We’re replacing five playgrounds in 2019
- Burns Drive Park, 25 Burns Drive
- Grange Road Park, 598 Grange Road
- Royal City Park, 119 Gordon Street
- George’s Park, 40 Metcalfe Street
- Suffolk Street Park, 265 Suffolk Street
Is one of your favourite parks on our list?
When we’re designing a new playground, we consider available budget, maintenance, how to make the play equipment diverse and comments from our community. Your questions and comments help us choose the right play equipment for your neighbourhood. We want you to tell us:
- What kind of equipment you like (slides, swings, climbers, etc.)
- If you know playground users that have a disability where special features can help with inclusive play
- Your park’s name and your contact information if you’d like a reply
Please submit your comments in writing or email to City Hall, 1 Carden Street, Guelph Ont., N1H 3A1 or firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than April 3, 2019.
Where can we play instead?
While we’re replacing the playground, here are some other parks where you can play instead.
For more information
Stefan Ilic, Landscape Technologist
Open Space Planning, Parks and Recreation
City of Guelph
519-822-1260 extension 3349