Check the signs on your street! Starting December 1, the overnight on-street parking restrictions take effect.
From December 1, 2018 until March 31, 2019, there is no overnight parking on City streets (unless signed) or anywhere in the downtown core between 2–6 a.m.. Tickets for overnight on-street parking are $35.
We restrict overnight on-street parking in the winter to:
- Allow snow plows to clear streets of snow
- Give access to for emergency response vehicles on narrow streets
- Ensure that traffic can safely pass on narrow streets
Apply for an overnight on-street parking exemption
If you need to park on a street overnight, you can apply for an exemption. Up to 12 parking exemptions are allowed per year for each single home address. Each exemption is valid for a maximum of two vehicles for two nights.
Things to keep in mind with parking exemptions:
- You have to be legally parked; all signed parking restrictions still apply with an exemption
- If there is a plow out, exemptions are suspended for 48 hours. Reach out to your neighbours for shared parking spaces to keep the streets open for plows. Sign up for plow-out email alerts at ca/snow.
- Downtown municipal parking lots can be used if you’re over your maximum exemptions, and to park during a plow out.
For more information
David Wiedrick, Manager, Bylaw Compliance, Security and Licensing
519-822-1260 extension 3475