Guelph, Ont., October 2, 2018—Planned repairs and additional structural work at the West Parkade is complete, and it will reopen for permit holders and public daily use on Tuesday, October 9.
“We greatly appreciate everyone’s patience while we completed this important structural safety work,” said Jamie Zettle, the City’s parking program manager. “We know it wasn’t always easy to find a parking spot downtown over the last few months. With the West Parkade reopening, we hope people will come downtown and continue supporting all the great shops, restaurants and businesses here.”
Temporary downtown parking support programs ending
The City put a number of temporary measures in place to support downtown employees and visitors while the West Parkade was closed for repairs. These temporary measures will end or change as follows:
- Temporary shuttle service, Elizabeth Street lot to the Old Quebec Shoppes: the shuttle service will end on Friday, October 5. The last shuttle will leave the Old Quebec Shoppes for the Elizabeth Street lot at 6 p.m. on October 5.
- Free Saturday parking in downtown lots: downtown parking lot users will need to pay the $2 flat fee for Saturday use at City lots starting October 13. Parking in downtown City lots continues to be free evenings after 6 p.m. and Sundays, and the City offers free two-hour downtown on-street parking per vehicle per day.
- On-street parking on streets outside the downtown core: regular parking restrictions will resume for streets just outside the downtown core at the end of November. All day on-street parking will no longer be permitted and signs on the following streets will be replaced by November 30 to show allowed parking times:
- Dublin Street North, Kent Street to Durham Street and Paisley Street to Suffolk Street West
- Green Street, Dublin Street North to Norfolk Street
- Suffolk Street West, Dublin Street North to Norfolk Street
- Liverpool Street, Dublin Street North to Norfolk Street
- Oxford Street, Dublin Street to Norfolk Street
- Cork Street West, Dublin Street North to Norfolk Street
- Northumberland Street, east of Dublin Street North to Kent Street
- Kent Street, Glasgow Street North to Dublin Street North
City staff will monitor the available supply of parking in the downtown and, if required, will extend all-day periphery on-street parking past November 30 to ensure an adequate supply of parking.
Other downtown parking options
Casual, short-term parking is also available in the Wyndham, Macdonell and Baker lots.
For more information
Jamie Zettle, Program Manager, Parking
Engineering and Capital Infrastructure Services
519-822-1260 extension 2590