Create, participate and share in the celebration of #GuelphCulture
Guelph, Ont., September 24, 2018 – Guelph will host 46 free activities, events and exhibitions across the city as part of the ninth annual Culture Days celebration from September 28 to 30.
“We’re thrilled with the incredible variety of unique events being offered for this year’s Culture Days celebrations,” says Stacey Dunnigan, the City’s manager of Culture and Tourism. “This selection of free events proves there is truly something for everyone.”
Over Culture Days weekend you’ll find:
- Guelph Museums will have exhibitions, concerts, a multigenerational timeline hunt and a documentary bus tour
- Guelph Public Library will feature french storytime and a family-friendly fall festival
- Guelph Farmers’ Market will host live music featuring The Over Tones
- Market Square and City Hall will have a Culture Hub and Makers Market
- The Art Gallery of Guelph is unveiling the Artist in Residence exhibition created by KIAM
Culture Days is celebrated in Guelph through visual arts, music, architecture, storytelling, heritage, literature and crafts with the support of many community partners. For a complete list of partners and events visit guelph.ca/culturedays or culturedays.ca.
About Culture Days
Starting on the last Friday in September every year, Culture Days takes place in hundreds of cities and towns throughout the country. During this annual three-day celebration, thousands of arts and cultural groups host free participatory public activities bringing together millions of Canadians. Culture Days raises awareness, accessibility, participation and engagement of Canadians and their local arts and culture community.
Stacey Dunnigan, Manager of Culture and Tourism
Culture, Tourism and Community Investment
City of Guelph
519-822-1260 extension 2533