Mercer Street to Drew Street
About the project
The City of Guelph will be reconstructing Bagot Street from Mercer Street to Drew Street. Construction will involve the following work:
- Replacement of the existing 100 millimetre water main with a new 150 millimetre water main
- Replacement of storm sewers and catch basins
- Replacement of sanitary sewers and service connections
- Replacement of curbs/gutters and asphalt roadway
- Replacement of existing 1.2 metre sidewalks with new 1.5 to 2.0 metre sidewalks
Work is being completed by Steed and Evans Limited.
Construction on Bagot Street will start September 10
Construction is expected to start September 10 and is scheduled to be completed by the end of 2018, weather permitting.
Bagot Street will be closed from Mercer Street to Drew Street
As part of this project, Bagot Street will be closed from Mercer Street to Drew Street. Access will be maintained for residents with driveways within the construction zone. Alternate parking and home access arrangements will be made should construction temporarily block exiting or entering residences.
Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout the duration of the project.
Map of construction area
The City appreciates your patience, understanding and co-operation during this important construction project. Any updates will be posted on guelph.ca/construction.
For more information
Ken VanderWal P.Eng., Project Engineer
Engineering and Capital Infrastructure Services, Infrastructure, Development and Enterprise
519-822-1260 extension 2319