Repairs to stone ruins and chimney to begin this summer
Guelph, Ont., July 25, 2018 – The City of Guelph is expanding the fenced-off section around the Goldie Mill ruins to address structural concerns identified in an independent engineering report.
Fencing will be expanded to reach about 1.52 metres from the base of the ruins on three sides. The recreational trail will remain open although it may be narrowed at some points.
Repairs to the ruins will include work on the stone walls, horizontal supports and a window as well as work to the top of the chimney. This work is unrelated to the environmental testing and soil remediation work already underway on the site.
The repairs will begin this summer and are expected to be completed by the end of the year, weather permitting.
Earlier this month the City contracted an engineering consultant to complete a condition assessment of the ruins. The assessment identified a number of needed repairs in order to maintain the historic site and to protect people walking in and around the ruins.
- About Goldie Mill park and ruins
- Soil remediation work at Goldie Mill Park
- Goldie Mill ruins condition assessment report (July 2018)
For more information
Project Manager, Facilities Renewal, Facilities Management
519-822-1260 extension 2759