In accordance with Section 36 of the Planning Act R.S.O 1990 c.P.13., Guelph City Council on May 28, 2018 intends to pass a Zoning By-law amendment to remove a Holding (H) symbol from the City of Guelph Zoning By-law (1995)-14864.
The lands affected by the proposed amendment are municipally known as 214 College Avenue East and legally described as Part of Lot 5, Concession 2, Division G, City of Guelph.
The present zoning was approved by Guelph City Council on July 10, 2006. The R.1A (H24) zoning was approved with a Holding (H) symbol provision to require the applicant to:
- Enter into an Engineering Services Agreement with the City
- Pay their share of the actual cost of constructing and installing a sanitary sewer on a portion of College Avenue East and sewer laterals to the property
- Connected their dwelling to the municipal watermain and paid to the City all unpaid frontage and lateral charges in accordance with the policies of the City.
- That the owners have connected their dwellings to the municipal sanitary sewer
- That any domestic wells on the properties have been properly abandoned in accordance with current Ministry of the Environment Regulations and Guidelines
- That the owners have entered into an Agreement with the City, registered on title, covering the above noted conditions.
City staff are satisfied that we have received and reviewed the needed payments, agreements and documentation from the applicant for the property known as 214 College Avenue East. The City is therefore in a position to remove the Holding (H) symbol from this property to permit development in accordance with the regulations of the R.1A Zone.
Guelph City Council will consider the proposed Zoning By-law amendment to remove the Holding (H) symbol (By-law (2016)-20280) at a meeting to be held on Monday May 28, 2018,
at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers, City Hall, 1 Carden Street.
Katie Nasswetter, Senior Development Planner
City of Guelph, 1 Carden Street, Guelph ON N1H3A1