The renovation and expansion of Guelph Police Service’s headquarters is underway. Here is a summary of the work completed in May 2018.
Progress to date
- Ceramic floor finishes and wall tiling are 90 per cent complete
- Lighting and ceiling in community room complete.
- Existing stucco removed from about 30 per cent of the existing building
- Steel frame for roof top unit is complete
- Mill work is happening on site for built in cabinets, counter tops, shelves, etc.
- Heating lines for the front entrance flooring installed
- Finishes to existing roof complete
- Membrane on new roof installed and sealed
- South wall block exterior complete
- West wall block exterior 75 per cent complete
Looking ahead to June
- Sheet vinyl flooring installation will begin
- Fixed cabinets, countertops, shelves etc. will be installed
- Washrooms fixtures (toilets, sinks, etc.) will be installed
- Front entrance flooring will be poured
- New roof to be completed
- Steel framing to continue on the east corner and curtainwall (non-structural outer covering of a building for weather protection)
- Exterior brickwork will be near completion