Guelph, Ont., March 23, 2018 – Beginning Monday, March 26, engineering consultants and contractors hired by the City of Guelph will be doing environmental investigation work at the Fountain Street Parking Lot and surrounding roadways.
Drilling and groundwater samples will be done in the Fountain Street parking lot and along the surrounding roadways between March 26 and April 11. All work is being done on public (City of Guelph) property.
During this time, workers and equipment will be located on some sidewalks and roadways.
There are no road closures associated with the work. Two-way traffic will be maintained on all roadways. Traffic should drive with care around work areas adjacent to roads.
Temporary closures of some sidewalks will be required to complete the work. Pedestrians will be directed to use sidewalks on the opposite side of these roads during the temporary closures.
Impacted streets and sidewalks include:
- Fountain Street, a stretch approximately 60 metres from Gordon Street heading east
- Gordon Street between Fountain Street and Wellington Street
- Wellington Street between Gordon Street and Wyndham Street
- Wyndham Street, a stretch approximately 20 metres from Wellington Street heading north
- The Fountain Street parking lot
This work supports the environmental investigations around the site of the historical coal gasification plant on Fountain Street.
For more information
Prasoon Adhikari, M.Sc., P. Eng., PMP, QPESA, Environmental Engineer
Engineering and Transportation Services
519-822-1260 extension 2946