On July 4, 2017 the Clair-Maltby Secondary Plan Phase 1 report and recommended vision and guiding principles will be presented to the Committee of the Whole.
Phase 1 of the Clair-Maltby Secondary Plan began in early 2016 and concludes with the presentation of the Secondary Plan vision and guiding principles to Council. The recommended vision and five (5) guiding principles focus on spaces that are:
- Vibrant and urban
- Green and resilient
- Healthy and sustainable
- Interconnected and interwoven
- Balanced and liveable
Work completed throughout Phase 1 includes:
- Refinement of the study timeline;
- Finalization of the secondary plan boundary;
- Development and refinement of background reports and technical work plans for all components of the study;
- Development of a problem/opportunity statement for the Master Environmental Servicing Plan (MESP);
- Environmental monitoring and characterization;
- Establishment of a Technical Advisory Group (TAG) and Community Working Group (CWG);
- Notice of Study Commencement, Public Information Centre (PIC) #1 and a Community Visioning Workshop; and,
- Development of a vision and guiding principles for the study and secondary plan.
Additional background documents and work plans are available on the Clair-Maltby Secondary Plan webpage.
For more information
Stacey Laughlin, MCIP, RPP, Senior Policy Planner
Planning and Building Services
519-822-1260 extension 2327
Arun Hindupur, M.Sc., P.Eng., Supervisor Infrastructure Engineering
Engineering and Transportation Services
519-822-1260 extension 2282