The Sidewalk Needs Assessment (SNA) study supports improved connectivity for pedestrians throughout the City of Guelph. The City is worked with Paradigm Transportation Solutions Ltd. to:
- Review the current guidelines for sidewalk construction and exploring municipal best practices;
- Develop ranking criteria for prioritizing which gaps need to be filled in;
- Propose an implementation strategy and cost estimate for completing the sidewalk network.
Where we’re at
- Paradigm Transportation Solutions Ltd. completed their study report in December 2016.
- Council approved the Sidewalk Needs Assessment report (page 11) at the March 27, 2017 meeting.
The study is now complete. Sidewalk needs will be incorporated into future budgets by priority as funds allow.
For more information
Jennifer Juste, Transportation Demand Management Coordinator
519-822-1260 extension 2791