November 17, 2016, Guelph, Ont. — According to the most recent Municipal Social Media Survey by Redbrick Communications, the City of Guelph is among the most liked and most followed cities online. Most notably, Guelph is among the top 20 most-followed cities per capita on Twitter; impressive as smaller communities tend to rank highly in this category.
The City started using Facebook and Twitter back in 2008, and Guelph’s social media presence continues to grow. Thanks to Guelph’s online fans and followers, Guelph continues to rank highly among Ontario municipalities:
- 9th most followed on Twitter
- 19th most followed per capita on Twitter
- 16th most liked on Facebook
Mayor Cam Guthrie is also mentioned in this year’s survey results. Mayor Guthrie ranks ninth among Ontario’s most-followed heads of Council on Twitter.
Redbrick’s Municipal Social Media Survey looks at social media use by all 444 municipalities in Ontario. The research includes social media activity between April 2010 and July 2016.
Join the conversation
- Follow the City of Guelph on Twitter
- Like the City of Guelph on Facebook
- View a list of the City’s social media accounts including Mayor Cam Guthrie, Guelph Transit, Visit Guelph, River Run Centre, Sleeman Centre, Guelph Museums, Energize Guelph and the Guelph Public Library and more.
*image property of Redbrick Communications