The three year renovation and expansion of Guelph Police Service’s headquarters is underway. Here’s a summary of the work as of September 2, 2016.
- Transformers and switch gear installed in electrical room. Emergency transfer switch received.
- Panels installed on east and west wing (second and third floor) renovation.
- Coring complete for electrical, mechanical and sprinkler main risers.
- Mechanical pipe hangers, water line and sprinkler mains installed on the third floor west wing corridor.
- Spray fireproofing of the west wing.
- Rock excavation on west side (former parking lot) 70% complete. Bedrock removal for footings for northwest side complete.
- Rebar for west wing addition on site.
- Grade beams and footings poured on west side.
- East side foundation walls of men’s locker room, 70% poured and stripped.
- Boilers, pumps, and expansion tanks placed on housekeeping pads in the mechanical penthouse.
- Demolition of sprinkler line in garage complete, ceiling removal underway.
- Remaining foundation walls of men’s locker room to be poured and stripped.
- Waterproofing of east side foundation wall and backfilling.
- Backfilling of grade beams at southeast corner of west wing addition.
- Ceilings and slab-on-grade (foundation) demolition in GPS garage to continue.
- West wing footings and foundation walls to be poured and formed.
- Ongoing mechanical and electrical rough-in.