Some roads and highways within the City of Guelph are the responsibility of the Province and are managed by the Ontario Ministry of Transportation (MTO). Construction on these roadways is undertaken by the MTO.
The following roadways are the responsibility of the MTO:
- Highway 7 (Guelph to Kitchener)
The Ministry of Transportation (MTO) began Phase 1 construction of new Highway 7 in 2015. Starting in January 2018, advanced vegetation clearing and fencing will be occurring at selected areas within the new Highway 7 corridor to accommodate future construction.
- Highway 7 (Guelph to Georgetown)
- Highway 6 (Guelph to Fergus)
- Highway 6 North (Hanlon Expressway)
[prettyfilelink size=”15 kB” src=”http://guelph.ca/wp-content/uploads/029-2014-3000-Regional-Road-Report-Week-29-Aug-5-2015.pdf” type=”pdf” newwindow=”true”]Regional Road Report – Aug 5, 2015[/prettyfilelink]
- Highway 6 and 401 improvements from Hamilton north limits to Guelph south limits
- Highway 6 (Hanlon Expressway) interchanges from Maltby Road to the Speed River
For more information
Questions or comments about road conditions or construction on these roadways may be directed to:
Ministry of Transportation
West Regional Office
1-800-268-4686 (Toll free)