Tag Archives: 2015 Budget

2015 budget focuses on maintaining services for Guelph residents

City council approves 3.55 per cent tax increase over 2014 Guelph, ON, March 26, 2015 – Earlier this morning, Guelph City Council approved a $207 million operating budget and a $52 million capital budget for 2015. This represents a 3.55 per cent tax increase over 2014; an average increase of $114 per household based on a home valued at $301,770. Combined with changes to Guelph’s water and wastewater rates, the impact on an average household is roughly $145 in 2015. “The 2015 budget reinforces the City’s commitment to serving our community and delivering public service better,” says Ann Pappert, Guelph’s chief administrative officer. “This budget positions us to maintain existing infrastructure, systems and programs for the community to enjoy. It allows us to deliver exceptional service by adding resources where… Continue reading 2015 budget focuses on maintaining services for Guelph residents

Proposed Operating Budget to be presented March 5

Proposed 3.05 per cent increase reflects increased cost of doing business Guelph, ON, February 25, 2015 – The City has released its final budget document for Council and community to review. The proposed 2015 Tax-supported Operating Budget and Forecast will be presented by staff on March 5. Residents are encouraged to attend the presentation prior to delegating on March 11, 2015. The $206,303,226 proposed budget reflects the City’s plan to sustain the delivery of exceptional services while remaining affordable and accountable to residents. The budget includes a 2.56 per cent base budget increase and a 0.49 per cent investment to enable the City to meet increased demands. The total 3.05 per cent increase represents approximately a $99 annual increase for the average household with a property valued at… Continue reading Proposed Operating Budget to be presented March 5

Media briefing: 2015 proposed Budget

Guelph, ON, February 23, 2015 – Media representatives are invited to discuss how the City’s 2015 proposed budget will take care of what we own while ensuring the health and safety of the community and enhancing Guelph’s quality of life. Ann Pappert, chief administrative officer, will be joined by Al Horsman, Mark Amorosi and Derrick Thomson, the City’s deputy chief administrative officers, following the Capital and Operating Budget presentations to answer questions from the media. What 2015 Budget media briefing Who Ann Pappert, Chief Administrative Officer Al Horsman, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, Infrastructure, Development and Enterprise Services/Chief Financial Officer Mark Amorosi, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, Corporate Services Derrick Thomson, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, Public Services Where Meeting Room B, City Hall, 1 Carden Street When… Continue reading Media briefing: 2015 proposed Budget

Community invited to discuss Capital Budget February 25

Guelph, ON, February 12, 2015 – The City has released the proposed 2015 Capital Budget and Forecast for the community to review and discuss with Council. On Wednesday, February 25, City staff will present Guelph’s proposed 2015-2017 Capital Budget and Forecast . During the meeting, community members are invited to make presentations supporting specific investments in buildings, roads, sidewalks, bike lanes, parks, trails, and other assets and infrastructure. “Councillors listen and respond to community feedback throughout the year but we also strongly encourage residents to provide their input as part of the City’s annual budget process,” says Al Horsman, Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, Infrastructure, Development and Enterprise Services and CFO. “Given the change in Council following the election, it is important that residents speak in support… Continue reading Community invited to discuss Capital Budget February 25

Council approves 4.1 per cent water, wastewater rate increases

2015 Non-tax-supported budget receives Council approval Guelph, ON, January 28, 2015 – Earlier this evening, Council approved the City’s Water and Wastewater Services, Building Code Administration and Court Services budgets. “We continue to keep Guelph’s water and wastewater rates within the average among our comparator municipalities through the innovative and proactive programs undertaken by these departments,” noted Al Horsman, Chief Financial Officer and Deputy Chief Administrative Officer, Infrastructure, Development and Enterprise Services. “For example, Water Services continues enhanced leak detection work to reclaim water supply capacity, and Wastewater Services has performed an optimization demonstration to allow the City to apply for a re-rating of the treatment facility that will help offset the costs of any future expansions, if required.” Approved 2015 water/wastewater charges, effective March 1, 2015… Continue reading Council approves 4.1 per cent water, wastewater rate increases