The City invites community members to post, share, discuss and debate while treating each other with respect. The City will not tolerate posts or comments that include:
- Profane or inappropriate language;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- Content considered to be defamatory, disrespectful or insulting to City staff or representatives
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Comments/posts not related to a posted article/topic/information;
- Business solicitation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Information about any identifiable individual (including photographs of, or information about that individual, as well as views or opinions about that individual), unless the identifiable individual provided specific, written consent to the City in advance;
- Any content deemed inappropriate by the City of Guelph.
The City may ask users to refrain from posting inappropriate comments, or mute, block or ban users for violating these social media commenting guidelines.
Third-party events on City websites/social media feeds
The City of Guelph may promote events on its website and/or social media sites if the City is involved as a participant, host or partner. Otherwise, the City does not permit members of the public to promote events on its website and/or social media sites.