From Convent to Museum

The original portion of the Convent was built in 1854-57. A chapel was added in 1872, and the final significant addition of two top floors was completed 1896.

Exterior chapel

Exterior chapel

The Convent served as a residence for the Sisters as well as a school for the community.  It is the oldest existing school building in Guelph.