Are you searching for that special something or wishing to get rid of an item you no longer need? Goods Exchange Weekend is a great opportunity to exchange reusable household items, such as furniture, appliances, and toys—for free!
Goods Exchange Weekends take place twice yearly – once in the spring and once in the fall.
Participating in this community re-use event is easy—just follow the simple tips below:
- Clearly label items you wish to give away as “FREE” and place them at the curb after 5 p.m. on Friday.
- Prevent misunderstandings by ensuring items such as children’s bikes, toys, and gardening tools are not accidentally left near the curb.
- Over the weekend, tour your neighbourhood to see what great deals you can find at the curb.
- At the end of the weekend, remove items that were not picked up from your curb.
- All leftover items must be removed from the curb by 7:00 p.m. on Monday. Items left at the curb are subject to enforcement action under the Waste Collection By-law which may include a fine or clean-up fee.
Bulky Item Collection Program
Just a reminder that large items are not collected as part of the curbside collection program. If your item has reached the end of its life cycle, you can make arrangements to have it picked up at the curb through the City’s user-pay Bulky Item Collection Program.
For more information
Solid Waste Resources