These days, who doesn’t want to make “green” choices and have smaller bills? When it comes to purchasing a new home and committing to environmental conservation, there are so many options and choices; so it’s important to know what’s reputable, high quality, and provides long-term environmental and financial benefits.
What is Blue Built Home?
Blue Built Home is a certification program for new homes that uses an approved set of high quality home fixtures and appliances designed and third-party tested to save water and reduce utility bills by as much as 62 per cent. Blue Built Homes are certified according to three water efficiency standards—Bronze, Silver or Gold. The City of Guelph administers the Blue Built Home program and it is supported by Tarion-registered home builders.
Three levels of Blue Built Home
Why purchase a Blue Built Home?
- Long-term financial savings that keep growing.
- Get a rebate. Receive a rebate from the City of Guelph for up to $2,420, once your new home is Blue Built Home certified.
- It’s convenient. Have water efficient fixtures installed for you before you move in, and never wait for hot water again. Convenience and water savings!
- Excellent quality. Blue Built Homes are backed by rigorous third-party testing by internationally-recognized environmental standards that guarantee performance and accountability.
- Conservation made easy. Use 15 to 62 per cent less water than a standard home without sacrificing your comfort or lifestyle (based on a Blue Built Home water efficiency standard with a home occupancy of three people compared to an equivalent home modeled after the Ontario Building Code standard).