I Love Guelph Tap Water!
Since 1880, Guelph Water Services has been providing safe, reliable, cost-effective production and delivery of consistently high-quality water – from source to your home’s tap! And now, get Guelph water on the go! Take your water bottle with you and fill up at the Guelph Water Wagon at outdoor community events throughout the city in the summer months. Or visit Blue W City facilities and businesses around town to fill up your water bottle free of charge!
To increase the availability to Guelph’s tap water and reduce waste generated from disposable water bottles sold or served at special events, the Guelph Water Wagon is available for large, outdoor community events that are open to the public. The Guelph Water Wagon offers eight self-serve stations each with a water fountain head and bottle fill tap.
Conditions of Service
Advance promotion of the Water Wagon and tap water service is required using the “Bring, Fill, Drink” graphic on all promotional material, including online and in print. The “Bring, Fill, Drink” graphic should also appear on the event website’s landing (main) page. The City will provide graphic identities, usage guidelines and written consent to assist event organizers. Proof of “Bring, Fill, Drink” promotion will be requested.
A special event must meet the following conditions for the inclusion of the Guelph Water Wagon:
- Not-for-profit events only, open to the public.
- Minimum event attendance of 500 people.
- No sale or distribution of bottled water by vendors or event organizers is permitted.
- Event must occur May 1 through August 30. The event must be greater than two (2) hours in length. For any events occurring outside of these windows, applications will be considered on a case by case basis.
- The Guelph Water Wagon must be situated in a prominent location with adequate room agreeable to City staff. Adjacent space is required for a Water Services outreach booth.
- A plan must be provided in the event of poor weather conditions (i.e. relocation, cancellation), and agreed to by City of Guelph staff in advance of the event.
- Dedicated volunteer assistance is required and will be provided by the event organizers. The volunteer(s) must be the age of majority and must be available for training at the City of Guelph’s request (typically conducted on site, during the event).
- A suitable live water connection (i.e. hose bib), must be available for large or multi-day events, or as determined by the Lead Hand Supply or their designate, at the discretion and approval of Guelph Water This will be discussed on the first site visit for the event.
- Water provided through Guelph’s Water Wagon is for drinking only. Vendors must source their own water or use another water source onsite for other event needs.
- The event organizer will be required, in advance of the event, to sign an agreement with the City containing particulars of the event organizer’s obligations.
The Guelph Water Wagon service will be scheduled on a “first come, first served” basis. A minimum of twelve weeks’ notice is required to secure the Water Wagon service. Applications received with less than three months’ notice will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Priority is given to successful reoccurring events, followed by those occurring within City limits. Events occurring outside Guelph will be considered on a case-by-case basis where the majority of attendees will be Guelph residents and the event organizer has requested and received written permission from the host municipality to provide this service within its jurisdiction. Servicing of events outside City of Guelph limits will be subject to full cost-recovery of the Water Wagon program by Water Services including, but not limited to, delivery, staffing, and removal fees.
Provision of refillable water bottles by event organizers is encouraged; the City of Guelph will not provide refillable drinking vessels. If an event organizer wishes to pre-fill reusable water bottles or other drinking vessels, the event organizer must consult with Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health (WDGPH) to obtain written direction supporting such activities in advance of the event. A copy of the WDGPH’s written direction must be provided to the City no later than one week prior to the start of the event to support such practices. In the absence of WDGPH consultation and direction, the City will not support such activities.
Insurance coverage is necessary in order to protect yourself and the City against any possible litigation (lawsuits) as a result of your event. All groups using the Guelph Water Wagon must have Liability Insurance coverage. The type of insurance coverage required is comprehensive general liability, inclusive of bodily injury and property damage, in the amount of $2,000,000.00 per occurrence, and should be purchased through your local insurance provider or your organization’s insurance provider. The City requires a CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE naming the City of Guelph as additional insured.
The provision of the Guelph Water Wagon for the requested event is null and void if proof of insurance is not provided at least one (1) month in advance of the event date.
Please note: The Guelph Water Wagon provides emergency potable water supply to Guelph residents. In the unlikely event of an emergency, these situations take precedence over booked events, and Water Services staff reserves the right to cancel attendance at an event or remove the Water Wagon from an event in order to fulfill these duties.
The City of Guelph considers attendance levels and event conditions when determining whether the event is suitable for Water Wagon attendance. If it is determined that an event is not suitable for Water Wagon attendance, participation may be declined despite meeting minimum conditions of service. Previous Water Wagon service at a recurring event does not guarantee Water Wagon attendance every year.
The City of Guelph has no control over the mechanical malfunction of the Guelph Water Wagon during an event. In the unlikely event of a mechanical malfunction, the City of Guelph reserves the right to suspend service or remove the Water Wagon from an event.
Events that fail to adhere to the terms and conditions of the water wagon service, or provide misinformation with regards to the terms and conditions outlined herein, may be subject to full cost-recovery of the Water Wagon’s participation in an event or withdrawal of the Water Wagon services up to and including the day of the event.
For more information about the Guelph Water Wagon call 519-822-1260 extension 2491 or email email@example.com
Interested in booking the Guelph Water Wagon for your special event?
If you are hosting an event on City of Guelph property, like Riverside Park or Exhibition Park, please visit the City of Guelph Special Events page and complete an application.
For all other events, please complete an application form.
Water Wagon application form
For more information about the Guelph Water Wagon call 519-822-1260 extension 2491 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.